Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Review: Mattress Encasement & Extras!

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

I was recently sent a few items for our crib mattress from Fiberlink Textiles Inc. to review!  And I am SO excited!!  



I was sent:
  • A Zip & Block Mattress Encasement
  • A Snoozy Organic Cotton Mattress Pad (My favorite!)
  • A Comfort Shield Collection Mattress Pad
  • *BONUS* 3 Cotton Canvas Grocery Tote Bags
The bags are so nice - a soft texture and super green!  Imagine all the plastic I wouldn't use if I actually remembered to take these (and the other similar products I have) to the grocery store with me!  ;)  But really, that are pretty nice.  I got this stuff the day we left for our Memorial Day camping trip.  In my hurry, I quickly grabbed one of the tote bags to stuff our towels and shower stuff in.  It was super handy!  It fit both of our towels and everything else we needed for showering.  And dried quickly after stuffing our wet towels in them and walking back to camp.  Here is a photo for size comparison:


Now we'll move onto the Zip & Block Mattress Encasement.  


When I first saw the opportunity for this review, I wasn't even sure what an encasement was.  Then I did a little research.  It turns out that this mattress encasement is considered anti-allergen bedding.  Before I read any more, I knew this was something we could use for our little one.  You see, Hubby has always had issues with allergies, especially when he was young.  So, if Sprout is anything like her daddy, she will need this!  The encasement also protects against bed bugs and dust mites AND it is waterproof!  It is pretty neat right?  This is from the front of the package: "Studies show that protecting your baby from dust mites, bed bugs and allergens in their sleep environment, can significantly reduce their chance of asthma, eczema and rhinitis from developing.  Help protect them as they grow."  This is definitely a product I want for my baby girl - she deserves the best chance at health!

And did I mention this awesomeness:


Who doesn't love a lifetime guarantee??  And how convenient is it that the number is right on the tag?  I don't foresee having to use this but I'm super excited that it is available if I need it!

There was one thing I didn't like about the encasement.  It wasn't very snug:


Since it is so soft, you probably wouldn't need a cover, but this extra material wouldn't be safe for a baby.  However, if you do place a mattress pad over it, everything will be right as rain, as you will see in the following pictures.

The Comfort Shield Mattress Pad is sooooo soft and plushy.  Hubby even decided to test it out since it looked so comfy.  He approved.  ;)


  
I love that it is 100% cotton and fits quite snug on the mattress.  No complaints here!  This picture shows the nice fit over top of the encasement - making everything work together wonderfully:



And finally, my favorite product, the Snoozy Organic Cotton Mattress Pad!  Let's be honest, if we could buy everything organic and all natural for our babies wouldn't we??  Especially if it wasn't so much more expensive.  I love knowing we have this chemical-free product for our little girl.  It will make me sleep better at night...and hopefully her.  ;)  Look at how nice:



I only wish it fit just as snug as the Comfort Shield Mattress Pad.  It is pretty snug, just not like the other:



However, for an organic product, you really can't beat the price point at just $26.99!  Plus, it is water proof and I am already well aware of how leaky diapers can sometimes be.  ;)

Overall, I am very pleased with these products and I cannot wait for Sprout to be able to use them!  I will be comfortable and pleased knowing that these products are better for her health.

To Buy:
Grocery Tote Bags
Zip & Block Anti-Allergen Mattress Encasement
Comfort Shield Mattress Pad (not currently available, but check back soon!)
Snoozy Organic Mattress Pad 

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you thought of this post! I love getting feedback from my readers and I always do my best to reply! :)