Sunday, June 8, 2014

Bump Update: 21 Weeks

So time for the official announcement, blog style!

Sprout is a.....GIRL!!  We are so excited.

I was hoping to upload a pic of our pink cake but my SD card is acting up.  So...you will have to watch for those on Facebook.  :)

I was browsing Facebook last night and one of the stores I follow posted about the 10th adorable dress this week (to be stocked tomorrow).  I looked at Hubby and said, "Having a girl is going to kill our budget."  

"Why?"

"Because they have to go and make adorable stuff like this," as I show him the pic on my phone.  "It even has the cloth diaper to match."

"Buy that right now.  Seriously.  We need it."  Or something along those lines.  lol.  You see - it wasn't pink.  And it had trees!  Making it a personal favorite for both of us.  :)

We did have restraint - mostly because it doesn't go up for sale until tomorrow...and it is only in a 12mth size.  I can wait a year for that one.  ;)

Here is this week's bump pic!


And then Hubby lovingly took these pics as I was talking and walking towards him but you can really see how she is growing!




This week, baby is the size of a: Sprout is as long as a carrot.  All I can picture is a rabbit now.  haha.  

Next appointment: Not until the end of the month.  But we get to meet the last doctor in the practice.  Pretty excited about that!  

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Each day I seem to gain just a little bit more now...an ounce or two at a time.  Which should put me right on target for a pound a week.  :)

Exercise: Plenty of walks AND I went to the pool yesterday with 5 year old twins.  haha.  Hubby didn't seem to understand why that was such a big deal when I told him my legs hurt.  The conversation went something like this:

"Carry me."  "Spin me."  "Run, Bri, run faster."  "Let's race"


"I need a break.  The baby is making me tired."

"Okay you can take a break for 1 minute."  *about 20 second pass*  "Okay, your break is over, time to come play more."

"Throw me."  "Spin me again."  "You can't catch me."

Yep, I was pretty exhausted yesterday.  But I got lots of good exercise!

Maternity Clothes: It's getting close.  I did wear my maternity swim suit yesterday - mostly because I was afraid my chest would fall out of my normal ones.  :/  But Hubby did notice how tight my shorts were yesterday when we went in for our ultrasound.  They aren't uncomfortable, but I'm betting they won't fit in another month.  ;)

Sleep: Saturday was the first night in a very long time that I slept the whole night without having to wake and use the bathroom.  But since then I haven't slept well at all.  Not sure if it is hormones or stress or what.  But I usually wake between 1 and 3 and then toss and turn the rest of the night.  I am exhausted.  And this morning the rooster across the street started crowing at about 3:30 and never stopped.  Told Hubby it was time we got a pellet gun.  lol.

Food Cravings/Aversions: Nope.

Movement: Actually didn't feel Sprout at all the past week.  It was starting to concern me.  But after the ultrasound last night she was super active.  Hubby even swears he felt her once...though I'm not really sure that wasn't my stomach gurgling...  

What I Miss: Sleep.  

What I'm Loving: My growing belly.  More and more people notice.  And I don't think there is much of a doubt that I'm pregnant anymore...even to strangers...    

What I'm Looking Forward To: We are headed to Michigan next week to see our family before the baby comes.  I can't wait to see all of our nieces and nephews!

Best Moment This Week: Seeing the baby the other night.  She still wasn't cooperating very much.  Tech wasn't sure if we would have to come back in or not.  I secretly hope we do.  haha.  If not, we won't see her again until her birthday...which is so sad.   Or maybe this is one of my favorite new moments:


Hubby loves to talk to Sprout and tell her how crazy her mama is.  He's already trying to get her to pick sides.  ;)  But I love that he is getting more involved.

Milestones: Definitely at the half way mark.  And she has eyebrows now!  tehe.

Goals: Still have that blog review to do.  And plenty of other things.  But I'm guessing not much will get done before our trip.  We shall see though...  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you thought of this post! I love getting feedback from my readers and I always do my best to reply! :)