Friday, June 27, 2014

Bump Update: Week 24

Let's get right to it this week shall we?  Definitely starting to look pregnant!



Yes, I have a black eye.  We'll get to that in a minute.  ;)

Here's a comparison shot from last week.  She is definitely growing faster and faster.  Eek!


This week, baby is the size of a: Ear of Corn!  Craziness!

Next appointment: Not until the 24th of July.  But after that they are every 2 weeks!  Can't believe it's that time already!  And I have to go have my glucose done a few days before my appointment.  Hoping I don't have to do the long one! 

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Another pound gained so right on track!  Almost to pre-preggo weight, which is good.  I just kept feeling like I wasn't healthy enough for her.  At least now I know I'm almost back to where I was!

Exercise: Getting my walks in on the days it doesn't rain or what I know we have a decent sized window.  And with all the stuff to get done around the house and the beautiful weather, I am MUCH more active than I was when we found out we were preggo.  ;)

Maternity Clothes:  I caved.  Last Friday I wore my first pair of maternity shorts.  I didn't have to but I tried on 2 pairs of normal shorts (ones I hadn't tried yet this year) and they were both too tight.  The 2 pairs I know still fit me were in the wash, so instead of trying on more clothes...I just broke out the maternity ones!  And they are so comfy so I'm glad I did.  ;)  Worn them a couple times since then too.  Probably should invest in another pair since the pants I wore yesterday (that fit on my trip to Michigan last week) didn't want to button yesterday.  haha.

Sleep: Sleep was actually going pretty well...until this happened:



I may have tripped going up the steps leaving work on Monday.  Thank goodness, I didn't hit my belly!  But my face, shoulder, and knee are all scraped up and sore.  I usually sleep on that side and its just been unbearable.  Between the scrapes and my now black eye, I just can't get comfortable.  But every night has been getting better so hopefully my sleeplessness won't last too much longer.

Food Cravings/Aversions: Usually, I just see something and feel like I need it.  But I haven't actually had any real cravings.

Movement: Pretty consistent now.  If I'm not moving, she is.  It is SO fun!

What I Miss: Me not being clumsy.  Oh wait...that me never existed.  Ha!   

What I'm Loving: I think we've agreed on a name.  But haven't decided on spelling, which makes me feel like the name isn't 100%.  And I keep on suggesting other names...but I think this one is going to stick.  However, we are going to keep it a secret until she decides to make an appearance.  :)      

What I'm Looking Forward To: Nothing really baby related happening any time soon.  Hoping to go kayaking over the 4th!

Best Moment This Week: Probably our ultrasound.  She was still a little uncooperative and kept kicking the doppler thingy.  But they got what they hadn't before and everything looks good, so no more peeks at Little Miss.  :(

Milestones: Her face is pretty much fully formed.  She has eyebrows, hair, the works!  And only 4 more weeks until my 3rd trimester!  Yikes!

Goals: Transplant our herbs.  Touch up paint in bedroom.  Get baby stuff found at yard sales cleaned up and moved in.  Yep, that's right.  Checked off everything on my to-do list last week!  Goals this week are to paint the wood panels we're putting on the ceiling and get some blog things fixed up and in the works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you thought of this post! I love getting feedback from my readers and I always do my best to reply! :)