Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Over Due Thanks to Mom & Dad

My parents.  They aren't perfect.  In fact, they are far from it.  :P

But...I realize on occasion that if the rest of the world's parents were more like mine, the world would be a MUCH better place.

And I mean that.

Now I'm not trying to brag here, I just had a moment where I realized the true awesomeness of my parents and I had to give them the kudos they deserved!

For one - they've never walked out on me, abused me, sold me for drug money, used me to get welfare check, etc.  Which, apparently, makes you a stellar parent compared to a huge percentage of humanity.

Second, they've set a beautiful example of marriage.  Again, not perfect.  But they've stuck it out through the tough times and they've grown together.  No matter how much they fight, I know they would never be happy without the other.

They raised me to know right from wrong and to take responsibility for myself and my actions. I know that paying off my debt takes priority over buying a new TV (even if our new living room makes our current one seem teensy).  I have been taught to respect others and to stand up for what I believe.  They taught me how to live and how to live well.

But when it comes to little things they set the bar high as well.  They have always supported me and attended my activities (even when it was a 5th grade orchestra concert that sounded a bit like cats or when I decided to try the french horn which sounded more like a dying cow...).  They don't manipulate me using guilt.  They give (of their time, money, and so much more) expecting nothing in return. They are always, always, always there when I need them whether that means stopping by the house to set out meat because I forgot, coming over to help paint/clean so we can get ready for Baby, lending me cash because for some reason I forget we live in an uber rural area and/or wasn't prepared for a yard sale, giving us gardening advice, mowing our grass, etc.

I could go on all day.  I am just blown away at the enormity of how blessed and fortunate I am to have parents that I enjoy spending time with.  Heck, we miss them when they aren't around for a week (But don't tell them I said that...).

I am so very thankful for them and I don't tell them that enough.  So, Mom & Dad, since I know you are reading this - thank you!  One thousand times, thank you!  You mean the world to me and to Justin.  And our little one is going to be so blessed to have such awesome grandparents. :) We love you SO much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you thought of this post! I love getting feedback from my readers and I always do my best to reply! :)