Thursday, February 12, 2015

My Favorite Over Night Diaper (WAHM Update)

I absolutely love our decision to cloth diaper.  Especially now that we are over 3 months in.  I look back at all the money we have already saved and I smile with glee.

But....

Cloth diapering comes with a learning curve.  I had to figure out a lot of things.  But the toughest thing was how to prevent leaking.  It honestly didn't take long to get that straightened out, but over night was another story.  At first, when she was only sleeping 3-5 hours at a time we had quite a few diapers with decent absorbency.  But then she started sleeping around 8-12 hours (up once to nurse...but not really awake so I only change her if she is pooped).  The number of diapers that would last that long without leaking shrunk significantly. 

Right now I have 3.  But only 1 of those is guaranteed to not leak....ever...  Every once in awhile the other two give me issues if she has a really long or really wet night.  So what diaper is my saving grace???

My giraffe print pocket diaper from Elly Diapers!!  

True Love <3  See my original review here.

Even though it happens super rarely over night any more, the double gussets keep any messes contained.  And the bamboo velour is stay-dry!  Which I actually didn't realize until I went back to her shop recently.  It is the perfect diaper for overnight.

The inserts are so absorbent that I actually had her set up a custom order of just inserts for me.  We use them in our covers and in other pocket diapers.  I highly, highly prefer them over any other inserts.  In fact, lately it seems like our little lady has been peeing more and the other inserts we have are just don't seem to cut the mustard.  We've had a lot more leaks lately...but never with the inserts from Elly Diapers.

The Elly inserts are made to be doubled.  This is the comparison in length to the Alva bamboo inserts I have.

Compared to AppleCheecks stay-dry insert.

The Elly insert is folded in half for this one.  AppleCheeks again.

This shows how much the insert will shrink after being dried on low (the one dried is on the bottom).

And this shows what happens when you accidentally dry on high.  Oops!  Great thing is though - JUST as absorbent.

If you are looking for extra absorbency or a new overnight solution you will definitely want to head over to the Etsy shop (the inserts are a steal at only $4 a piece!).  And, if you have a minute, head on over and tell Annelise from Elly Diapers hello on her Facebook page.



**By the way....can you tell I have a giraffe obsession??  hehe.  




2 comments:

  1. I've got a super heavy-wetter, so I'm always on the lookout for good nighttime solutions. I love bamboo for its absorbency, so I'll have to keep this diaper in mind. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! Another option I like...and will be reviewing soon, is a sherpa fitted and wool cover from Patsy Cake Baby.

      Delete

Please let me know what you thought of this post! I love getting feedback from my readers and I always do my best to reply! :)