Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Goodbye to our Pink Kitchen & Cover Plug Review

We have been in our house for a year now (+ a month or so).  And our kitchen still has pink walls...or it did....until Monday.  Originally it had pink carpet, pinks walls, and pink counters.  The carpet we replaced shortly after moving in (because it really needed it) with laminate that we found at Ollie's Bargain Outlet for a steal!  Then we got paint this past summer...but with me being fairly pregnant and having a million other things to get done before baby, we just never got to it.  We finally decided this weekend that something must be done.  And we got to work!

Here is my lovely pink kitchen:

Okay....so the pink isn't horribly obvious, but it doesn't exactly go with the flow...
Nice right?

For our new paint, we chose a green color called Spanish Olive.  And here are the results:

Love, love, LOVE!

We have had the primer over spots on the  pink for a looong time...it desperately needed paint.  Much better right?

I am in love with how it makes the cupboards look so much nicer.  I feel like I have a brand new kitchen!  :D  Now we just have to work on those counter tops...

Here is a neat little extra tid bit in our remodeling process: The Cover Plug.


Each box comes with two covers in an ivory color (like most outlets).

The first thing that I love about the CoverPlug is that it is made in the USA!
And the second thing I love is that it is a wonderful alternative to putting those silly plastic things in open outlets.  This looks so much nicer!

Here is a view of the back so you can see how it inserts into the outlet:

Two pegs insert into the bottom holes in the outlets.

The last thing that I really love about the CoverPlug is that it can be painted!!  So even though I can clearly see something is there, it blends into the wall and makes it less noticeable for little eyes and hands.  And much less of an eye sore!  There is an outlet in the kitchen that we never use, so this was the perfect solution!

...and now it's green...or...um...I mean Spanish Olive!

Painting  it was fairly easy since you can hold the prongs on the back.  It did need two coats.  But with a really good brush, that might not be necessary.  I do feel like it might chip easy, but I don't foresee the need to be taking it on and off too much.

Here is how it looks in action:

Noticeable but not super noticeable.  :)

The CoverPlug

The great thing?  Our nursery is the same color as the kitchen, so I painted both the CoverPlugs this weekend and I have one for when we move the crib out and expose an unused outlet in that room.  Making it safe for an exploring little one.  Out of sight, out of mind.

I definitely recommend the CoverPlug.  It is a pretty neat product!

You can find out more about CoverPlug at the following locations:


You can also purchase the CoverPlug at multiple locations including Etsy, Sears, or Amazong where it is only $8.50.

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! You have a huge kitchen! We have lived in our house almost 6 yrs... and haven't touched the kitchen. It has hideous orange countertops, fake bricks on the walls, Brown & yellow flooring and dark cabinets. Totally 80's! Maybe someday....... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe. Glad to know we aren't the only ones who procrastinate. Orange countertops are awesome!! ;)

      And yes, we love our huge kitchen! It was a major reason we really liked this house...and the fact that it has an open floor plan. :)

      Delete

Please let me know what you thought of this post! I love getting feedback from my readers and I always do my best to reply! :)