Thursday, October 2, 2014

Bump Update: 38 Weeks!!

I know I usually have something short to say here.  But I am exhausted.  So you are just getting the bare bones today.  Starting with bump pictures!

Wore this cami all day....it does NOT stay where it is.  haha.  More like middle of my belly....

Oh that belly....really feelin it these days!


And because Mom love belly pics.....but I never would have noticed the odd shape....hmmmmmm.....

And I even managed to put together a comparison this week.  ;)

Yes, 2 weeks, but definite difference I think.  Still don't think I could fit a watermelon in there!  ;)

This week, baby is as big as: Watermelon.  Are you kidding me!?!  Is this supposed to make me smile and go "aw, how sweet."  No.  No, no, no.  A watermelon!?!?  That is huge!  And that baby is supposed to come out of where!?!?!  ;)

Next appointment: Tomorrow!  I'm really thinking there might be some progress...call it a mother's intuition but I just have a feeling.


Total Weight Gain/Loss:  Won't know until tomorrow but I'm sure I've gained a bit more.  I may or may not have eaten a whole thing of EL Fudge sandwich cookies in just 2 days.  Oye!    


Exercise: Yeah...got a couple of walks in at the beginning of the week.  But now that I'm not working I'm really going to have to make it a part of my routine.  And that is much easier said than done.

Maternity Clothes: Everything is uncomfortable.  Everything.

Sleep: Sometimes good, sometimes bad.  Usually just up a million times to go to the bathroom.  But it is extremely hard to get comfortable.

Food Cravings/Aversions: This may come as a shock, but I actually had a craving this week!  It was the EL Fudge cookies that I might have eaten a ton of.  Something just came over me and I had to have them.  Had my brother on a wild goose chase and finally got some a day later.  Just picked up some more today!  ;)

Movement:  She has been slowing down a bit, presumably because she is running out of room.  But she is definitely still moving.  Most of the time it is painful.  But I still love it and wouldn't trade it for the world.

What I Miss: Energy.  I have been SO tired the past few days.  So much so that I can't get anything done until I take about an hour to take a nap.  I wish I could do the 20 minute thing...but I can't even get comfortable in 20 minutes.


What I'm Loving: Being this close to the end.  Some days it is terribly nerve wracking but most of the time I'm just pretty excited to meet this little lady!
        
What I'm Looking Forward To: I have another little project I'm working on for the nursery.  I have a few peices of wood to wrap in burlap (gold shimmer added).  One will have her footprints at the hospital on it.  The others will be hand prints and I'm thinking her birth information.  I have a fourth but I don't know if I will use it yet or not.  However, I'm super excited to work on it.  And hopefully I'll get to work on the letters for her room too! 

Best Moment This Week: My brother coming home.  He has been in Japan for 3 years.  The last time we saw him was last August.  It is SO nice to have him home for good.  He is so excited to have a niece!  And he even started putting her swing together!  Though he keeps talking about messing with the gears and whatever to make it go turbo speed...maybe I should get Hubby to finish. haha.

Milestones: All of her organs are good to go.  And my body is busy starting to produce colostrum for those first couple of days after birth.

Goals:  Well, one car seat is in (which is really good enough for now).  But I didn't get thank you cards even started.  And I definitely didn't get curtains or pictures hung in the nursery.  Hoping to get both of those things knocked out this week!

4 comments:

  1. Do you feel like she's dropped a little? Looks like your belly is a little lower... but pictures can be deceiving! You'll know it when you feel it better than I can tell from a pic!

    Not long now! She'll be here before you know it. :) I think I may be the only person on the planet to say this... but I look forward to labor. I did with D too.... so strange! I mean, I am excited to have a baby in my arms... but instead of being nervous about the labor - I am just READY for it (when I'm sue, of course). I just hope it goes as well as it did last time for me! Ha! I hope you have a good labor as well! Even if it's horrible (which mostly I think it is for people the first go-round... though you never know)... I pray that it's at least a healthy labor for you both! No Csections or emergencies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Devon! Really needed the encouraging words about labor this morning. It amazes me how when natural birth is mentioned that people have to share their horror stories with you and remind you that you should be prepared for anything. While I know that - I just want someone to say: "Go you! Natural birth is hard. I wasn't successful but that doesn't mean you won't be!" I feel pretty prepared so I think that helps.

      Know that you all are in our prayers - hoping your labor this time around is as easy as D's!

      Delete
    2. And as of this pic, I don't think I had actually dropped though she may have been sitting lower. That happened all at once Saturday night. It hurt. lol. Anxious to see how it reflects in pics this week.

      Delete

Please let me know what you thought of this post! I love getting feedback from my readers and I always do my best to reply! :)