Monday, August 19, 2013

Respect Challenge: Week 15

Quick Recap - I am on a 25 week journey to becoming a more respectful wife.  I want to be the best wife my husband could ever ask for!  I found my inspiration over at Loving Life at HomePlease feel free to join me on this journey...it might even change your marriage...  ;)  For ALL of the 'Respect Challenge' posts check out the tabs at the top of the page!

Don't Complain.

Jennifer notes, "Nobody wants to be around a whiner or complainer. It is grating on the nerves...accept the things you can’t change, courageously change the things you can, seek wisdom to know the difference."

Philippians 2:14 -  Do all things without grumbling or disputing.

Would you like a little cheese with that wine?  I've heard that about a million times in my life.

 
If you didn't notice, it took me 2 weeks to get through this one.  I hate to admit it, but I whine and complain quite a bit.  This challenge definitely made me more aware of it.  If you aren't aware, we are going through quite a bit of change, plus vacation was coming up.  I realized last Monday that I was non-stop complaining the whole first week.  I was grumpy, miserable, and extremely stressed out.  And I definitely let it show.  I prayed this week that God would give me a couple of more seconds to think before I spewed out words without thinking.  And He did that.  I pray He continues to do so.  I don't sound as miserable and ungrateful if I don't open my mouth without thinking.  And my husband doesn't get so annoyed with me.  It's definitely a win-win situation.  I hope it doesn't take you all two weeks to overcome this challenge!  Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you thought of this post! I love getting feedback from my readers and I always do my best to reply! :)