Monday, July 15, 2013

Respect Challenge: Week 11

Follow Learning to Be 31 with Bloglovin

Quick Recap - I am on a 25 week journey to becoming a more respectful wife.  I want to be the best wife my husband could ever ask for!  I found my inspiration over at Loving Life at HomePlease feel free to join me on this journey...it might even change your marriage...  ;)

Eyes Only for Him.

Jennifer notes, "Don’t compare your husband unfavorably to other men, real or imaginary. It is neither fair nor respectful and will only breed trouble and discontent. Avoid watching movies or reading books that might cause you to stumble in this area, as well."

Psalm 19:14 - Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart / Be acceptable in Your sight, / O Lord, my rock and my Redeemer.  

Proverbs 4:23 -  Watch over your heart with all diligence, / For from it flow the springs of life.

I have to admit, it is hard, very hard sometimes, to not compare Hubby to fictional characters in my favorite books or movies.  But the truth of the matter?  Hubby is not Mr. Darcy.  No one is Mr. Darcy.  Or Edward Cullen.  Or Peeta.  Or Prince Charming.  Fiction is just that, fiction.  It might be based on a true story, but the truth is this: we watch movies and read books because they offer something different than our normal lives, an escape of sorts.  I don't think we should stop reading or stop watching movies.  I just think we have to remember that we are all human, our husbands included.  After all, if they only filmed the good parts, most real life marriages would probably make a pretty good movie too!  Remember today to not compare your husband to anyone, real or fictional. 

2 comments:

  1. It's hard because the media really tries to sell us on these certain kinds of imaginary guys from a very young age. Which is sad.

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you thought of this post! I love getting feedback from my readers and I always do my best to reply! :)