Monday, July 29, 2013

Respect Challenge: Week 13

Quick Recap - I am on a 25 week journey to becoming a more respectful wife.  I want to be the best wife my husband could ever ask for!  I found my inspiration over at Loving Life at HomePlease feel free to join me on this journey...it might even change your marriage...  ;)  For ALL of the 'Respect Challenge' posts check out the tabs at the top of the page!

Prepare His Favorite Foods.

Jennifer notes, "Next time you’re planning meals, give special consideration to your husband’s preferences."

2 Corinthians 13:12
13 She looks for wool and flax
And works with her hands in delight.
14 She is like merchant ships;
She brings her food from afar.
15 She rises also while it is still night
And gives food to her household
And portions to her maidens.



This weeks challenge was not as simple as I wanted it to be.  I plan the menu two weeks in advance...so I had to start thinking about this a little bit early.  Unfortunately, Hubby does not like to help me pick out meals.  I thought when I told him he could have anything it would be easy, but not so much.  He picked one meal he wanted, just one.  That left me trying to pick out some other meals he would appreciate.  The problem is, I think cheap, especially towards the end of the month.  The other problem, Hubby doesn't generally like cheap.  He has expensive taste.  lol.  He doesn't complain much about our meals and I try to change things up often and try new things...but in my constant switching around meals and adding new things, I can't keep track of what he likes, what he loves, and what he doesn't really care for.  *sigh*  

I think I did okay though.  Due to our plans changing this weekend, we're actually only getting to his one choice tonight.  And I know he is looking forward to it.  I just have to remember to cook it the right way.  Ha!

I hope you have a little bit better luck than I did with this one.  And if he is usually the one that does the cooking or meal planning, maybe you could take a swing at it this week! Have fun!

I have added the recipe for Hubby's one choice below for inspiration.  If you like Thai food, or Asian food, or even something a little bit different than the norm, definitely give this a try!  I love it as much as Hubby does!  I originally found it on All Recipes but we have tweeked it a bit to fit our tastes and here is the outcome:

Thai Chicken
 


Ingredients: 
  • 1/2 cup coconut milk
  • 2 tablespoons fish sauce (you can substitute soy sauce)
  • 2 tablespoons minced garlic
  • 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (we usually use frozen, leftover from before)
  • 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
  • 1 teaspoon curry powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
  • 3/4 cup rice vinegar
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 teaspoons minced garlic
  • 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • Rice
Directions
  1. In a saucepan, combine vinegar, water, sugar, 2 teaspoons minced garlic, jalapeno, and salt; bring to a boil.  Reduce heat to low, and simmer until liquid is reduced, about 5 minutes.  Stir sauce from time to time.  Remove from heat and allow to cool before use.
  2. In a shallow dish, mix together the coconut milk, fish sauce, 2 tablespoons minced garlic, cilantro, turmeric, curry powder, and pepper.  Add chicken and mix well.  Optional: Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. (We usually forget to marinate and it still tastes great!) 
  3. Preheat grill or skillet and lightly oil.
    • If grilling discard marinade, and place chicken on the grill.  Cook until slightly charred and juices run clear.
    • If cooking on the stove top, place chicken and marinade into skillet.  Cook until chicken is no longer pink.  
  4. Brush chicken with sauce before serving. Serve remaining sauce on the side for dipping (Hubbies favorite part! Me, I just dump all of my dipping sauce on top and mix it all together...much easier!).
  5. Serve with (or on top of) rice.

 

HTML Comment Box is loading comments...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you thought of this post! I love getting feedback from my readers and I always do my best to reply! :)