Monday, July 8, 2013

Respect Challege: Week 10

Quick Recap - I am on a 25 week journey to becoming a more respectful wife.  I want to be the best wife my husband could ever ask for!  I found my inspiration over at Loving Life at HomePlease feel free to join me on this journey...it might even change your marriage...  ;)

Respond Physically.

Jennifer notes, "Did you know that the way you respond (or don’t respond) to your husband’s romantic overtures has a profound effect on his self-confidence? Don’t slap him away when he tries to hug you or make excuses when he’s in the mood. Your enthusiastic cooperation and reciprocation will not only assure him of your love, but will make him feel well-respected, too."

1 Corinthians 7:3-5 - The husband must fulfill his duty to his wife, and likewise also the wife to her husband.  4 The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does; and likewise also the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does.  5 Stop depriving one another, except by agreement for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer, and come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. 
   
I'm a pretty private person, so I'm not going to share too much about this subject.  BUT, I think it is safe to assume that for a lot of women, this is difficult.  He is always "in the mood" while I am rarely "in the mood."  One of the biggest struggles I have is that every time Hubby kisses me or wants to cuddle or hold my hand, etc, I question his intentions and what he really wants if you catch my drift.  This week I tried to not make any smart comments and I just enjoyed the sweet kisses and cuddles.  :)

I also think it would be great to take this week's challenge to the next level and initiate some physical moments yourself!  Don't wait for him to do it.  I'm pretty good about this when it comes to holding hands or a quick kiss here and there...but anything else?  Not so much.  I have recently stumbled across a blog called The Dating Divas.  It not only has some great ideas for fun date nights but they have an entire section dedicated to intimate moments.  While a lot of them are cheesy, it can make things fun and give you the courage to initiate some intimate moments of your own.  Check it out:
The Dating Divas Intimate Moments.   Yes, Hubby and I have used a few of these...but I'm not sharing which.  ;) 

Good luck and have fun this week!  *wink wink*

2 comments:

  1. I think it's really important to open up about what *you* like and help him make the experiences more enjoyable for you. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very true. This is an area where you both have to be open or honest or someone will be unhappy and that can lead to resentment...

      Delete

Please let me know what you thought of this post! I love getting feedback from my readers and I always do my best to reply! :)