Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Transforming Truth of God's Power!


Deuteronomy 4:39 – Know therefore today, and take it to your heart, that the Lord, He is God in heaven above and on the earth below; there is no other.

I read that verse and I get chills.  There is such power behind those words!  Go ahead, take a moment and read it out loud and see how you feel.

(pause)

See?  I told you!  J

There isn’t very much I want to add to this today…I just had to share a glimpse of God’s power.  However, there are a couple of really great points that I don’t want you to miss.  The section that says to “take it to your heart” can also be translated as “to recall…to mind” (Strong's H7725).  So basically, what this verse is saying is that we need to know this truth, we need to consider, think about, ponder over this truth.  As Henry points out, “There are many things which we know, but are not the better for, because we do not consider them, we do not apply them to ourselves nor draw proper inferences from them.  This is a truth so evident that it cannot but be known, and so influential that, if it were duly considered, it would effectually reform the world!”   Read it again:

Deuteronomy 4:39 – Know therefore today, and take it to your heart, that the Lord, He is God in heaven above and on the earth below; there is no other.

Those words are life changing!  If the world were to truly know the power of this truth, things would be changing…for the better!  And what about you, or me, personally?  What does this truth mean for us?  If “we consider what a God He is with whom we have to do, we should surely make conscience of our duty to Him and not dare to sin against Him” (Henry).  If we were to truly consider the truth and power behind these words we would never, ever neglect our duty to the One True God!  And sin?  Who would dare!?!  But sometimes I think we forget how truly magnificent and powerful He is.  We are to fear Him, to revere Him!  Let us never forget that the Lord, He IS God….”there is no other!”

Today I challenge you to pause for a moment.  Sit still, in silence, and read over these words two or three times until you can truly and literally feel their power!  Live today with that feeling, that emotion, driving your every move.  Allow the knowledge of God’s power to consume you!  It’s amazing isn’t it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you thought of this post! I love getting feedback from my readers and I always do my best to reply! :)