Thursday, September 18, 2014

Bump Update: 36 Weeks

I have been so much more emotional the past week.  I've been extra tired and I'm having allergy struggles which isn't helping.  I go back and forth from super excited to tremendously terrified of all the changes.  

I got teary on the phone with Hubby the other day because I don't want things to change between us.  I want us to always have real conversations and to still be silly.  I know we're just going to have to try a little harder.  It has been reinforced in my brain from multiple marriage classes we have taken that he still needs to be my #1 priority outside of God.  And I believe that 100%.  Because a healthy, happy marriage is vital for children.  And if I put the kids before I put my marriage...I could lose all of that.  In order for our marriage to succeed, in order for our family to succeed - it goes God, Husband, Kids, in that order.  And I know that will be hard for me in a number of ways.  But because I love Hubby SO much, I'm going to give him my all.  

I don't like change.  Even when it is good.  Even when it is one of the best changes we will ever know.  It scares me.  It makes me feel out of control.  It leaves me vulnerable.  But I am ready for the challenge and more than ready for the blessing.  God is my strength and my refuge.  I've got this!  :)

I found that 4 lbs...but I'm not sayin where.  ;)

Hubby always knows how to make me smile!

Not as much difference as I was expecting to be honest with you....but I'm fairly sure she was laying sideways until last week sometime.


This week, baby is as long as: Romaine lettuce.  haha.  Very random. 

Next appointment: Wedneday!  And I get to meet the new doctor.  Which is a load off of my chest.  I had such fears that she would start the week I went into labor and that she would be the one to deliver.  Which might not have been the worst thing but I like the idea of at least meeting the doctor who will "catch" my baby before that day!  Can you blame me??


Total Weight Gain/Loss:  I gained 4 pounds between appointments the last time!  That's only a week and a half!  I gained more between appointments this time than ever.  But my total weight gain is still pretty low so I can't complain.  I just can't stop eating.  lol.


Exercise: Still walking when I can.  Hoping to squeeze one in today.  And still not as "religious" about the Bradley exercises like we should be.  I'm just so tired by the end of the night.  We have got to make it happen though.

Maternity Clothes: Ordered a couple pairs of "long" maternity pants off of swap.com (thanks Devon for the heads up).  Hoping they are long enough...the one pair of pants I have are almost too tight to wear.  And it has been so much cooler so I desperately need some warmer clothes.

Sleep: Comes and goes.  But not too bad lately.

Food Cravings/Aversions: Nothing.  Well, I really wanted root beer the other night.  Does that count?  hehe.

Movement:  All the time.  She has been extra active the past couple of days - which I love!  As long as she steers clear of my rib cage.  haha.

What I Miss: Going to say it since I haven't in awhile: sushi.  The raw delicious kind.  ;)


What I'm Loving: Carrying around a precious little life.  It really is amazing.  I try not to complain too much because I know there are a million women who would kill to be in my shoes.  I really do love every moment of this.  It is such a miracle.
        
What I'm Looking Forward To: Meeting the new doc and seeing if I have progressed any.

Best Moment This Week: Crying wolf.  haha.  She was extra active yesterday morning and I was terribly exhausted.  Then, after lunch I got a big gust of energy and went to work getting a ton of stuff done.  A "nesting" moment.  Hubby came home and after telling him both things he got a little white: "Are you having any pains?"  "No dear, I am not having contractions."  We went to worship team practice and I casually asked what he would to if I told him I was having contractions as I started to laugh.  "Do we need to go to the hospital?"  "I'm not really having contractions, all is fine."  About a half hour later, in an effort to get some weight off of my feet and legs, I bent over for a minute.  He freaked out: "What's wrong?  Are you okay?  Brianna, what is wrong with you?"  I stood up straight, smiled, and told him, "Nothing."  Which of course he read as me trying to deny contractions.  haha.  I shouldn't get such a kick out of him being so worked up but it is so adorable.  I promised him on the way home that he would definitely know when it was time to go to the hospital.  And I would try to be a little nicer...  ;)

Milestones: She is slowly losing all of the downy hair that has covered her body as well as the vernix that has kept her from turning into a prune in there!  At the end of the week she won't be considered "pre-term" anymore but "early term" and each of those milestones is wonderful news to Mommy & Daddy's ears!

Goals:  Well, our bag is packed!  It was tough.  I did a pretty awesome job getting Hubby and I's stuff into one bag.  And then I had to pack for our little Sprout.  Not so easy.  I had SO many outfits.  I knew some could get dirty, wasn't sure exactly what size to take, and I wanted to be sure she had a cute "going home" outfit.  I eventually had to have my mom intervene and help me eliminate some.  haha.  In the end, I managed to get everything (including a ton of cloth diapers) into her diaper bag.  And the nursery is well under way to being organized!  Just tiny .little things here and there, like hanging pictures.  This next week I hope to get my It Works! stuff organized for a show next weekend and finish the last of the laundry leftover from flea bombing.  And maybe, just maybe, start working on thank you cards for the baby shower.  Oye!

2 comments:

  1. 36 weeks! Definitely nerve-wracking! Your hubby is probably going to get more and more paranoid as the days go forward... haha! I always felt bad for mine because he was constantly on the edge of his seat since he wasn't the one feeling (or not feeling) anything and had no clue what to expect - though I think he has mellowed out a little since #1. Good luck in these last weeks... I can't wait for my baby to drop so I can breathe a little easier... but then I know my bladder won't be glad! Haha! Hope those pants will work for you (once you get them)! Hope you got the free shipping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby is too funny - I can just picture yours on the edge of his seat. ;) I know our little one has dropped but I think I'm measuring behind because she is stretched out (or so big) but she is on my bladder AND in my rib cage. Oye! And my pants came today! Just have to get home to try them. I decided on two pair instead of one because I got the free shipping. Thanks again for the tip!

      Delete

Please let me know what you thought of this post! I love getting feedback from my readers and I always do my best to reply! :)