Thursday, May 29, 2014

Bump Update: Week 20

I found myself this week being a little fearful of the future and all the changes that a baby brings.  Don't get me wrong - we are more than ecstatic to be having a little one!  But I'm going to miss it being just the two of us - able to leave on a whim without calling the grandparents to babysit, camping without the added stuff a baby brings, and just being able to relax when I get home and I need a break.  

I wouldn't trade this step in our lives for the world, but for every new chapter, another chapter has to end.  I'm allowed to be a little sad right?  

But one day I will look back and be able to see all of the new adventures we were able to have because of our children.  And now, instead of just the two of us - we will be a little family - just the 3 of us!  ;)  And man, oh man, it is going to be here faster than we think!




I've been trying to take these pics in the same pants to show how much I've grown.  I even have a mole on my belly where I line up the top of my pants. haha.  But I just had to show you my bump in the outfit I wore today - loved it!


This week, baby is the size of a: Sprout is as long as a banana.  And I think my body can tell!  I swear he/she was laying straight across my abdomen, all stretched out - toes toward my belly and head towards my back.  I could feel this awful pressure in my lower back for quite awhile yesterday.  Pushed on my abdomen and it would hurt back there.  Had me down and out for a little bit.  Eventually it just went away.  

Next appointment: Besides today?  haha.  Another month now.  

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained another pound!  I didn't even bring up weight and the doctor said she was happy with my weight gain so we're doing good!  :)

Exercise: Since we finally got to go camping this weekend, I actually did get a good bit of exercise in - hikes, kayaking, and even a bike ride!  Plus I've gotten to take a couple of walks this week at work.  :)

Maternity Clothes: No need yet!  We shall see how long this lasts....

Sleep: Depends on the day.  While camping, I woke up every hour, I swear.  But I think that had more to do with the fact that it was a teensy bit chilly outside than anything baby related.  Overall, still sleeping fairly well.  I have upgraded to 2 pillows though - one for my head and one between my knees.   

Food Cravings/Aversions: Not really.  Sometimes when I see a commercial for something I feel like I have to have it.  But other than that, nothing.

Movement: Feeling that little miracle more and more often!  Usually about once a day.  Sometimes not at all.  Saturday morning while we were hiking, Sprout was all over the place.  It was the most I've felt and lasted for almost an hour.  It must love the outdoors as much as we do.  :)

What I Miss: Sushi.  Enough said.  

What I'm Loving: Feeling Sprout move!    

What I'm Looking Forward To: Our gender reveal party!  Just a couple more days until we know!  I am BEYOND excited!! :)

Best Moment This Week: Hmmm.  Probably all that movement on Saturday.  

Milestones: Almost half way!  Eek!

Goals: We got our bedroom painted this past week (with a little bit lot of help from my mom)!  Now we just have to do the trim and the ceiling and we'll be ready to paint the baby's room! But I'm not sure what goals this next week really holds.  Probably rest a bit before we start to get ready for our trip to Michigan.  And I have a blog review to do!  

2 comments:

  1. Going through the older bumpdates is so much fun! That is a really pretty outfit you have!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you thought of this post! I love getting feedback from my readers and I always do my best to reply! :)