Thursday, May 22, 2014

Bump Update: Week 19

So I know I've mentioned before about my desire to be a stay at home and my inability to grasp how that will ever happen.  Well, God has been working on my heart.

First, He is continually reminding me to have faith.  We saw God's Not Dead (if you haven't, you should) and there is a part where the missionary says "Put the suitcases in the car" to show God that they have faith He will work out their dilemma.  I have constantly been barraging my parents with the question: "What are you doing to put your suitcases in the car?"

Well, I think I need to ask myself that question as well.  And I don't know the answer...yet.  But for one, I'm not worrying.  I am confident He will work it out in His timing.

Some days I still struggle and wonder how it will ever work out.  Sunday, as we were leaving the church, I noticed our sign out front.  The message is changed each week and, to be honest, it has become a part of the scenery for me and most of the time I don't even look at it.  But, for some reason, I did this week and the words were as follows:

"God is not controlled by what you know.  Keep praying."


Is that not the most awesome truth?  We get so overwhelmed by what we know, by what we can see...that we forget He knows and sees SO much more!  He isn't controlled, by any means, by what I know.  So I will keep praying.  :)

Now for the questions: 

This week, baby is the size of a: Mango! Love it!  We are big fans of mangoes so I can just picture the weight and size.  And now I want to go to the grocery store and get a few mangoes and some lime juice.  Yum!


















Next appointment: The 29th.  One more week!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I don't think I've gained much, if any.  BUT, I have been much more active with the nice weather than I was all winter and I've been eating a lot healthier (most days).  I don't feel or look ill and I'm eating more and more every day I think.  Trying to squeeze in as much protein as I can.  I think Sprout is just taking it all right now.  :)  We shall see what the doc has to say next week.

Exercise: More and more with the weather cooperating.  We usually walk between 2 and 2.5 miles when it is really nice.  If it looks like rain - it is probably more like a half mile.  But I'm trying to get out every day!

Maternity Clothes: No need for them now.  Though some of my shorts are a little tighter than they were last summer...so maybe soon??  My tops came in that I ordered last week.  They are SUPER adorable - can't wait until I actually have an excuse to wear them!

Sleep: Pretty good.  So no complaining here.    

Food Cravings/Aversions: Nope. I haven't even really touched the mountain of jelly beans I bought that one time...

Movement: Pretty sure what I felt last week was Sprout.  Felt it twice since then.  Always weird and very brief.  But so fun!

What I Miss: My ability to handle stress.  I went to a new Giant Eagle this week - a HUGE one.  It was supposed to be a quick trip but I couldn't find half of the things on my list.  It was so overwhelming that my chest started to hurt.  I left in a rush without getting everything I had planned on.  That isn't me...at all.  

What I'm Loving: Getting baby stuff!!  My parents went to a few yard sales on Saturday and got some great deals on some awesome stuff!  We now have a crib, stroller, pack and play, exersaucer, and a walker!  Just need to get the nursery painted!  

What I'm Looking Forward To: Our gender reveal party!  I cannot wait until we see what color that cake is!  :D  Only 10 more days!

Best Moment This Week: Seeing our little one!  Our ultrasound was SO much fun!  Sprout was not cooperating at all - moving too much and then never the way the tech needed.  haha.  We were there for an hour and even got to see he/she reach around and grab its toes.  Coolest thing ever!  And because Sprout wouldn't cooperate - we just have to have another ultrasound.  Yay!

Milestones: Well, Sprout has vernix now!  I've been reading a lot about that stuff - wondering if we should wait to give the first bath (if the hospital will allow it of course).  Has anyone had any experience with this?  Thoughts?

Goals: I did finish organizing...mostly.  But I didn't get to any of our other projects.  I've really got to have our gender reveal stuff together before this time next week!

2 comments:

  1. What do you mean.. wait to give the first bath? Maybe I'm not following?? We were always told to give a "sponge bath" (with a wash cloth, of course) until the umbilical cord falls off. Is there some other suggestion you've been reading of regarding the vernix? Now I'm curious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read a couple of articles/blog posts suggesting that you wait to do even a sponge bath for about 24 hours. Just gently wipe off the baby, leaving some vernix residue since it has such good stuff in it. I do need to do more research though. So don't quote me on any of that. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you thought of this post! I love getting feedback from my readers and I always do my best to reply! :)