Thursday, May 8, 2014

Bump Update: Week 17

Due to my ultrasounds and Sprout measuring a little small, they have bumped my due date back to October 16th.  Which I am more than okay with - just means that gives more time for our precious little once to incubate.  :)

With that change, today now marks Week 17 instead of Monday.  Which means the past few weeks I haven't been posting late, I've been posting on time or even early!  ;)  

Not too much going on in general, so we'll get straight to the pictures and questions!












































This week, baby is the size of a: Turnip!  Or approximately the size of my palm.  I think we should change Baby's nickname to Turnip instead of Sprout...but I don't think Hubby will agree...

Next appointment: I think it is scheduled for the 29th.  Each appointment we get to meet a new doctor (there are 4 total) and I'm really excited to meet this next one since she is the one everyone raves about.  We've been pretty impressed so far with the others - but 2 more to go!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: According the the doctor's scale I've gained 2 and a half pounds since my last appointment, which is more than I thought.  I had figured it would be about a pound or less - so this was really good news!  The doctor didn't seem concerned about my weight at all, which was a sigh of relief.  Just need to keep this trend going!  And my appetite has increased so that shouldn't be too hard.  ;)

Exercise: All this rain!  Ugh!  There hasn't been any walking.  But I've been doing a lot more around the house.  And I've felt it, so that's good.  Definitely going to go for a walk today - it is too nice not to!  Just need to get some strength exercises squeezed in there somewhere...

Maternity Clothes: Nope.  Still not yet.  And I'm okay with that.  I did get a credit at Zulily for the shorts that were too small.  AND found a super cute pair of shorts at the local Goodwill for just $3!  Going to be stopping there again today.

Sleep: Pretty good lately.  Can't complain.  

Food Cravings/Aversions: Nothing really this week.  Strong smells still make me a little queasy but not bad.

Movement: How many different ways can I say no?  lol.  Not yet.

What I Miss: Sushi.  This is probably going to top my list on multiple occasions but my wonderful mother decided to send me a scrumptious picture of a scrumptious looking plate of beautiful sushi.  My mouth was watering.  We are going to have to find a place soon where I can at least get a taste of some cooked sushi - but I am going to have to have some real self-control.

What I'm Loving: More and more people actually noticing my bump!  And planning our Gender Reveal party.  Super stoked!  

What I'm Looking Forward To: Going to pick up our invitations today after work!  Hoping they turned out as good as they are on the computer.  And our ultrasound is next week!  One week from tomorrow!  Yay!  Can't wait to see Sprout again.  Is it weird that I'm sad we won't get to see that precious little one again until he/she is born?  Hmf.

Best Moment This Week: Hubby and I are reading through Husband Coached Birthing (the Bradley Method) together...a little bit at a time.  I treasure those moments.  It usually ends with him talk to Sprout which has to be one of the greatest things in the world.  I think it is slowly becoming more real for him.  And we are growing so much together.  :)

Milestones: Sprout's brain now controls the heartbeat so it won't be sporadic or quite as fast, though it still beats twice as fast as mine!  Anxious to hear it again.

Goals: I finally got the bathroom floor sanded.  Hubby should be getting the sealer on this weekend.  I also started organizing my crafts and our office stuff - which is a HUGE task.  But every little thing we do means we are one step closer to getting Sprout's room tackled!  Once the office is organized (which is my goal for the coming week) I'll be able to clear out the nursery closet and actually start putting baby stuff in there!  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you thought of this post! I love getting feedback from my readers and I always do my best to reply! :)