Thursday, February 13, 2014

We're Having a Baby!!

You read that right!  We are having a baby and we are so thrilled!!  I'm about 9 and a half weeks along and our first ultrasound is a week from today. Can't wait!!  Here is my first (lack of a) bump picture - taken a few weeks ago. We used this pic to tell some of our family. 


Below is a letter I wrote to our little one on the day we found out we were expecting. Enjoy!

February 9th, 2014


Dear Baby Sherman,

Tonight your dad and I found out that you exist!!!!  You are this tiny little growing human inside of me - that's crazy!  The moment we found out we were so excited.  I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.  We have been waiting for this moment for awhile and I was so afraid you might never come.  In the very same moment we were both so terrified.  Because you exist it means that we are going to be parents!  For real.  It isn't just a distant future thing anymore, it has become an imminent future reality.  

We have so many decisions to make before you get here and that is just the start!  After you are here the real decisions begin!  We want you to have the very best life - full of success, love, and joy.  But most importantly, we want to make sure you grow up to follow the Lord - and that isn't the easiest task.  We don't know what the future holds for you but we are praying every day that we are the parents God wants us to be for you.  After all, He already has a plan for you!  That is a truth I hope you know and live by throughout your entire life.

For now, we are doing what we can to prepare for your arrival.  I am striving to be as healthy as I can be for you!  I've never been more serious about exercise and a healthy diet.  And I am reading article after article about what I can do for you now and later.  Your daddy, well he is in full go-mode.  He has a crazy long list of stuff to get done at our new house before your arrive.  Your room wasn't on the priority list until today.  He has even taken an interest in what the decor will be (which I am thrilled about).  And we pray for you every day, multiple times.

On a lighter note, I know you don't like vinegar very much and this morning you weren't a big fan of cereal (which happens to be one of my favorites) - let's try to keep these aversions to a minimum, okay?  ;)

We both love you SO very much!  We cannot wait to meet you!

Love,

Mommy (& Daddy)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you thought of this post! I love getting feedback from my readers and I always do my best to reply! :)