Thursday, February 13, 2014

Thanks in the Midst of Winter

Snow.

When I say that word, what comes to mind?

For me it is bitterness.  Hatred.  Horror.  Drudgery.  And maybe, if I look deep down inside to days that used to be I think beauty and comfort.

This winter has been a very hard winter for very many across the nation.  And I am so ready for it to be over.  As is most of Facebook from all of the status updates and memes I've seen out there.  This is my very favorite (not sure of the source...apologies):



But I'm not writing to complain.  I'm writing to remind myself and so many others that at the end of the day (even if you wrecked your only 4WD vehicle), we still have so much to be thankful for while the blanket of snow that started at 4 inches in November just keeps growing.

This winter...

*I am thankful for heat (and for the ability to get a new furnace almost immediately after our blew up this weekend).

*I am thankful for the extra time I have to spend with my hubby.  For awhile, we only had one vehicle.  Now, we still drive together when it is bad out so that I don't have to.

*I am thankful for the beauty that does exist in the midst of such cold and horrid conditions.  God planned that on purpose I think.  It is so beautiful!  I love seeing the trees coated in trimmings of white, like pearl necklaces with a little black dress.  And the fact that every single snowflake is unique - that is incredible!



*I am thankful for a job that is considerate of bad roads and doesn't make me come in if it will be dangerous.

*I am thankful for a break from the summer heat (after living in Oklahoma for a record-breaking summer I promised I'd never complain about the cold again, apparently I forgot about Pennsylvania winters...).

*I am thankful for blankets.  After I dug them out of boxes that is...

*I am thankful for the excuse to rest and stay in.  Sometimes I just need one.  ;)

*I am thankful for sweaters, winter jackets, boots, gloves (especially the touch-screen friendly kind), and hats.

*I am thankful for shelter.  Some people don't even have a place to rest their heads let alone find heat during this season.

*I am thankful that no matter what season it is, God never changes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


What are you thankful for this winter?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you thought of this post! I love getting feedback from my readers and I always do my best to reply! :)