Saturday, February 8, 2014

6 Quick Meals, No Stove

So I've been working on a post that is very near and dear to my heart this week.  I keep adding and deleting, rereading, rearranging, deleting some more - but I want it to be perfect before it is published.

However, I do want to try and stay true to my new year's resolution and continue to write one or two posts a week.  So here's a fun post!

As most of you know, we recently moved into our new home!  And I couldn't be more excited!  We have so many projects ahead of us.  Right now we are in them middle of remodeling not just one, but both of our bathrooms...which, by the way, is not recommended.  It is rather inconvenient and was never part of the plan - but we'll get to that in another post.  I've got lots of great posts planned because of this: How to remove wallpaper, remodeling a bathroom for under $500, and so much more!  

But before we moved into our home, we were living with some very good friends of ours.  Honestly, the "living with people" situation was really good.  We had our own little section of the house - a bathroom, *tiny* living space, and a bedroom.  It was perfect.  The only thing we were missing was a kitchen.  We did use their kitchen on occasion to change things up.  But most of the time we just got creative!  We had a mini fridge, microwave, a waffle iron, and we borrowed the George Foreman from downstairs occasionally.  It all worked out really well.

Here were our favorites:

1. Mexican Tuna Salad - This was a meal the guys my husband worked with last summer taught him to make.  And it is AMAZING!  I plan on sharing the recipe in a future post.

2. Walking Tacos...that didn't walk. - I got Fritos or Doritos, a can of chili, lettuce, tomato, cheese, and sour cream - we threw it all on a plate and pigged out.  ;)

3. Paninis out of the Waffle Iron

4. Burgers - off the Foreman

5. Breakfast for dinner - out of the Waffle Iron...did you know that eggs and hashbrowns can be cooked on a waffle iron!?!?  Then we nuked sausages in the microwave.  It was fun.  lol.

6. Quesidillas - out of the Waffle iron!  This is my personal favorite.  And I can tell you, I will never, ever make quesidillas on the stove again.  It was so easy and SO fast!  Below the picture are the directions.



Quesidillas on the Waffle Iron (for one)

Ingredients:
  • 2 Tortillas
  • Oil Spray
  • Shredded Cheese
  • Whatever Else You Like  :)

Spray waffle iron.

Place 1 tortilla on bottom half of iron.  Sprinkle cheese all over - as much as you want!  Then add other ingredients (our favorite was black beans, Rotel, and pickled jalapenos...sometimes we added canned chicken).  Cover ingredients with more cheese.  Place 2nd tortilla on top, close iron...and cook away!

Now you have a sealed quesidilla, read in just a few minutes!  Wonderful!

Never, will I ever, cook them on the stove again.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you thought of this post! I love getting feedback from my readers and I always do my best to reply! :)