Tuesday, February 25, 2014

We Literally Have Nothing to Fear

Do you believe in God?  Really believe in Him?

Then you have absolutely nothing to fear or worry about.

Psalm 46:1-3
1 God is our refuge and strength,
A very present help in trouble.
2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change
And though the mountains slip into the heart of the sea;
3 Though its waters roar and foam,
Though the mountains quake at its swelling pride.

God is our refuge and strength.  Did you catch that?  God!  Does it get any better than that?  The God who created the universe is holding YOU in His arms! That truth, that fact, is incredible!  Isn't it??

The neat thing here is, while this reads of natural disasters, it can mean SO much more.  Yes, God will be with us through earthquakes, tsunamis, tornadoes, blizzards, etc.  But he will also be there through political turmoil, desolation, or confusion (Wesley and Henry)!  You name the trouble, He is our help!



Because of that wonderful truth, we literally (and yes, I'm using this word correctly) have nothing to fear.  

I am so guilty of worrying about the future (or sometimes the present...and well, let's face it, the past too...).  And I forget that the God of the universe loves me enough to tenderly hold me in the palm of His hand.  I have to remind myself constantly that no matter what comes my way, God is my refuge and strength!  

In my selfishness, I want to be angry that He doesn't just take all of the bad stuff away to begin with.  Because, while I know He is my refuge, that doesn't mean I don't have to endure the pain of this world (losing a loved one, being diagnosed with a terminal illness, etc).  But we live in a fallen world and while the Kingdom is present, we haven't yet entered into the fullness of that glorious Kingdom.  One day, troubles will be no more.  Natural disasters won't occur.  Political unrest will no longer be a plight.  Illness and death will be defeated.  It will all be over.

Until then, we must find solace in the fact that God is keeping us in His hands.  He will never let go.  If I truly believe in Him, in His power, and in this truth - I've got to leave my worries, my fears, and my anxieties behind.
If not, I'm getting in the way of the glorious things He has promised me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you thought of this post! I love getting feedback from my readers and I always do my best to reply! :)