Friday, July 11, 2014

Bump Update: 26 Weeks

So in the past month I have had 2 situations become "blessing in disguise" moments.  Don't you just love it when God can bring good from a bad situation?

First, right before we left for our trip to Michigan, I had an appointment to get my oil changed.  I dropped it off 15 minutes early, was told it would be 45 minutes.  Came back an hour later and they had forgotten about my car.  After a fuss they got it done in record time.  I paid and headed home to start packing.  I called to complain the next day and we ended up with a FREE oil change.  Which was a huge blessing at the time!

Then, this week happened.  haha.  Monday night, I managed to lock both sets of keys in the Subaru while at the post office.  BOTH.  The first place I called came and couldn't get inside.  Then the sweet, kind lady (Beth) who runs our post office called another guy for me.  He wasn't it but his son was and would be down shortly.  When he arrived Beth told me that they were expecting as well.  So him and I started chatting and it turns out they are due just two weeks before we are!  

He mentioned that they had to start going to classes this week because the next one wasn't offered until mid-September.  I rattled off something about scheduling ours at my next appointment. Somehow, later in the conversation, he mentioned where their classes were - just so happened to be where ours should be.  Panic set in.  September is really pushing it for us... I'm such a planner, I can't wait that long for birthing class!  He saved my car keys, turned off my car alarm, I thanked him and told him I might be seeing him on Wednesday.

I called the OB department the next day and they told me it was my choice.  But it turns out the classes didn't start until the 2nd week of September, putting the last class just one week before our due date.  I did NOT want to risk it.  I registered over the phone and we had our first class Wednesday night!

If I hadn't locked my keys in the car...we wouldn't be starting class until mid-September.  Talk about stress!  haha.  I'm such a planner - there is no way I could have waited that long...  

Love moments like this.

So in all the craziness this week, we didn't get an actual belly shot.  However, today I noticed how off center and lopsided my belly is.  Justin got a kick out of it and so did my parents.  ;)  So I tried to get a picture...it isn't the best - but hopefully you can tell.  Little stuff like this really amuses me.  Pregnancy is quite the adventure!


The pink arrow shows which side she's laying on.  And the teal arrows show how you can see my hip on one side and not the other.  Tehe.



This week, baby is the size of an: Eggplant and as long as a green onion!

Next appointment: Just a couple of weeks!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Eh.  Not sure.  Don't pay attention as much now that I know I'm gaining. 

Exercise: Walking.  And working around the house.  And then there was that 15 mile kayak trip....  ;)

Maternity Clothes:  Still just those shorts.  Though my outfits are becoming a bit more difficult.  The dress I laid out for Sunday was too short in the front because of my belly.  :P  BUT, I found a super great deal on a pair of Gap long and lean maternity jeans!!  Got them in the mail yesterday.  While not as long as I had hoped, they are long enough and that is a feat in itself.  I cannot tell you the number of pairs of pants I've tried on and all of them have been too short.  Why can't we size pants the way men do??

Sleep: Not too bad lately.  But every time I wake up I have to pee.  And our little Sprout is kickin' like crazy!

Food Cravings/Aversions: A Heluva truck drove by while I was on a walk the other day and I just had to have the Bacon Horseradish dip that was advertised on the side.  Went to Walmart immediately after work.  ;)

Movement: All of the time!  SO fun!  While i was eating dinner, my plate was laying across my belly.  You could see it wobble every now and then from her tiny little movements.  Too funny!

What I Miss: A friend pointed out that I always list sushi.  So...I have to come up with something else I miss this week...hmmmm.....being in control of my emotions.  lol.  I get in this rut now where I just can't kick the mood I'm in.  And I know it!  So frustrating.

What I'm Loving: Hubby's involvement.  The more this little Sprout kicks and squirms for him, the more he talks to her.  It is super sweet!      

What I'm Looking Forward To: My glucose test?  haha.  Not really, but it is just another milestone I can put behind me over the next week I suppose...  

Best Moment This Week: Figuring out that we are those parents at birthing class.  haha.  We aren't going to be verbal about it or troublesome.  We just do what we're told and blend in.  But I kept giving Justin the eyeball over some things that were said (by the teacher mind you).  I thought I was on my own until he mentioned something not making any sense after reading our Bradley book.  Love when we're on the same page!  Just glad I'm more reserved or we would be totally obnoxious!  And to clarify, I don't think there is a perfect method - you have to do what works best for you.  There are just some small things they teach, I think, that don't make sense.

Milestones: Baby Girl is almost 2 lbs!  And her eyelids are able to open now.  Cool fun fact right?

Goals: Get my cloth diapers cleaned and organized.  I have a couple of blog reviews to get done.  And I'd like to either organize our office or our decor (piled in cubbies around the house) in order to make way for baby stuff.  However, if somehow Hubby finds a miraculous time frame to get the ceiling up, I may be able to paint the nursery!  But with Vacation Bible School this week, I'm doubting we will get much accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you thought of this post! I love getting feedback from my readers and I always do my best to reply! :)