Thursday, July 3, 2014

Bump Update: 25 Weeks

So I've entered an anxious phase.  We are SO busy with commitments here and plans there that almost every weekend before Sprout's arrival is booked.  When I realized this I about panicked.  It is coming SO fast!  And we still have a lot to do with the house...our bedroom isn't even done and hers hasn't been touched!  

But on top of all that I've really started thinking about the BIG day.  I have all these hopes and plans and now I'm just anxious that nothing will go how I hope.  And worrying that I won't be able to breast feed because it is SO important to me.  I looked at Hubby last night and said - "And we can't even practice for this stuff."  It is one of the biggest changes of my life and I don't feel like I can prepare enough.  I can read but how do you remember all of that!?!  And I can "practice" labor positions but let's face it - I can't factor in the pain.  haha.


I don't handle change well.  And I'm glad I know this about myself.  I can prepare a little bit better.  But I'm never going to be fully prepared for that day or the changes (good and not-so-great) that Baby Girl brings along.  

I'm hoping I'm getting my anxiety out of the way now.  It is SO much to deal with.  But we can do it.  And I have faith that God will move through the situation no matter what.  So it will be good.  I just have to remember to expect the unexpected and to know that God is working everything for the good.

Before you go sneak a peek at those belly pics - I absolutely despise the face I am making in the one.  haha.  But it was the best pic of my belly...so I caved.  Just don't make fun.  ;)




Definitely growing!  This comparison is from just last week!  Not a huge difference, but it is definitely there...

This week, baby is the size of an: Eggplant!  Or a Rutabaga according to my other app...but who the heck knows what that is!?!?!

Next appointment: 23 days and counting!  Finally met the last doc on my rotation and she is awesome!  I think she is my favorite!  Hubby couldn't make it this time due to work and vacation and some other things so my mom tagged along and she really liked her as well.  I also found out that 2 of the 4 doctors are leaving the practice.  The good news??  My 2 favorites are the ones staying!  I liked all 4, but it is nice to know that there is a pretty good chance one of the 2 I really, really like will be there to deliver our little Sprout (there is another doctor who is on call...but doesn't see patients throughout the week).  The bad news?  Hubby really liked one of the ones leaving.  AND this means longer wait times...

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Trying not to pay attention.  It has been going well so I think it will stay that way...I hope.  But I have been eating like a horse!  Have you heard of the Hobbit Diet??  That's me right now.  haha.  Like 12 meals a day and I could just...keep...eating...

Exercise: Not as much as I would like.  I really need to start working on labor exercises.  We are getting MUCH closer.

Maternity Clothes:  Just those shorts on occasion.  And maxi dresses.  But I can still wear a few of my normal shorts so that's good.

Sleep: Eh.  Depends on the day.  Stinkin' hormones.  Just thankful we have a/c in our room now.

Food Cravings/Aversions: Nope.  Sometimes I wish I had a fun craving...but nothing...

Movement: Still loving this!  She isn't moving quite enough for most other people to feel - still pretty low and not super hard.  But Hubby can feel her late at night and early morning if she cooperates.  I'm going to miss it being so constant once she gets a little bigger...

What I Miss: Sushi lately for sure.  It was all I could think about while I was getting ready for work yesterday.  Really random...

What I'm Loving: My growing belly and all that movement - it is becoming more and more real every day.      

What I'm Looking Forward To: Kayaking trip on the 4th!  Super stoked!  :)  

Best Moment This Week: Hmmmm.  Not sure on this one...nothing crazy has happened.  I just love the little things - like when Hubby talks to my belly (sometimes before acknowledging me. haha.).

Milestones: Baby Girl is gaining fat this week!  She should start to plump up and her nostrils will open too!  ;)

Goals: I have been working on the ceiling panals and blog stuff.  Both are coming along but neither are finished.  Just one more coat of paint on the panels I think and then it is Hubby's job to get them up!  The Blog is never ending.  Just trying to make it better in any way I can...but that means a lot of little changes and a lot of time.   Other goals for the week - get my cloth diapers cleaned and organized.  :)

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm.. I commented and I don't see it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok.. well... here it is again... not sure why it didn't post?
    I think it's normal to have anxiety about the unknown... with #3 coming for me it's not so much anxiety... but hope that this labor goes as easy as the 2nd did! With my 1st I worried about complications and C-sections... but more often than not things are fine. I was able to go all natural with no meds. I realized there was no sense worrying until something bad actually happened. I know, it's easier said than done! Just enjoy the freedom you have with all of your summer plans! Also... if your hospital doesn't provide one.. try to find a lactation consultant. Our hospital didn't and the nurses didn't give good nursing advice (in my opinion). I had some issues with E that I don't know that I would've kept up with it - but I found a really great LC! It made all the difference! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing my best to not spend forever worrying. I just can't help it sometimes. ;)

      I'm not sure about a lactation consultant yet but I plan on looking into it. And finding one if they don't have one!

      Pending any complications, I'm hoping for an all natural birth and to be able breast feed and I will do what I can to make that happen...just so nervous. haha.

      Delete
    2. And I hope your labor goes just as easy as the last as well! I still remember when you posted about check-in and the time that D was born! Crazy awesome!

      Delete

Please let me know what you thought of this post! I love getting feedback from my readers and I always do my best to reply! :)