Friday, April 18, 2014

Bump Update: Week 14

No bump picture this week.  :( Kept forgetting and with Easter and our car dying we've been insanely busy.  I promise there will be one next week!  :)

I know that during my first bump update I talked about how pregnancy was so different than I ever expected.  And it is.  

This week I just kept thinking - I really thought I would feel different.  Yeah, every once in awhile I don't feel good, and I'm a little more tired than usual...but if I didn't know I was pregnant, I don't know that I would be able to tell.  Not sure what I expected.  It's just weird to me that physically I don't feel all that different...especially now that I've got most of my energy back and my morning sickness is pretty much gone.  Mentally, I am more than aware of that Little Sprout.  And emotionally...well, I can be a little bit touchy....but physically it is amazing to me how little I notice.

This week, baby is the size of a: Lemon.  In my head a peach is bigger than a lemon...so I feel like my baby shrunk since last week.  lol.  But my 14 week video said the size of my fist so that was an easy visual.  :)

Next appointment: May 1st.  Halfway there!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: My weight has been fluctuating a ton lately, which isn't normal for me.  It used to be that I would step on the scale and it would be the same day after day.  It would fluctuate a tenth or so up or down depending on the time of day...but that's it.  Now I'm down 3 lbs, up 1, down 1, up 2, down 1.  I think, since last week, I'm about the same.  Which I'll take...it's better than losing more!

Exercise: So much more than I have been getting!  I've been taking nice long walks with the little one I watch on days when it is nice.  Not only is it good for me...but she has so much fun too I think!  She just gibber jabbers the whole time or just watched everything go by.  Can't wait till I can do this with my own little one!  I also did a bit of yard work this weekend which was nice exercise. 

Maternity Clothes: Still don't need to wear them.  Though certain pants are uncomfy, everything still fits.  I did order a pair of shorts though since I found a pretty good deal.  And Mom, Dad, and Grandma picked me out a couple of shirts for my Birthday! 

Sleep: I've been sleeping really well this week.  Thankful for that.

Food Cravings/Aversions: A friend of ours celebrated her first birthday recently.  There was a candy bar at the party.  I brought home a bag full of candy.  Last week I remembered I had it and got some out.  There were these amazing sour watermelon candies!  And I ran out.  It was devastating.  Ever since then I've just needed them!  Hubby got me a small bag at walmart Saturday night.  It is gone.  Thinking I might need to order a 5 lb bag.  ;)

Movement: Nothing.  Not supposed to feel anything for a few more weeks.  Cannot wait for that moment!

What I Miss: Accomplishing things.  I had a couple of really good days this past week and it felt so good to get things accomplished.  But then I hit a road block again.  I'm either feeling a little blah, tired, or just not motivated at all...my brain just doesn't want to work.

What I'm Loving: My bump has really made more of an appearance the past few days - just decided to show up I guess.  Before, I had to be wearing the right clothes, kind of had to pull them snug...but now, it is kind of hard to hide.  Not that I would anyways...  ;)

What I'm Looking Forward To: Feeling my baby and seeing my baby again!

Best Moment This Week: My church family noticing my bump and apologizing for just touching without asking.  Honestly, I don't mind it.  Just don't look forward to random strangers doing that....

Milestones: I am crossing my fingers as I say this, but I think, for the most part, that morning sickness is officially behind me.  Yay for the magical 2nd trimester!  :)  Speaking of - we are 1/3 of the way there!  Crazy!

Goals: Eat more.  I'm so used to not having an appetite, I've got to make myself eat now that I can.  And hopefully I'll gain some weight along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you thought of this post! I love getting feedback from my readers and I always do my best to reply! :)