Friday, November 9, 2018

Obadiah Ryker: 9 Months

This past month has been a whirlwind!  In fact, I barely even realized Obi had hit 9 months until a week late...  They say "don't blink" and with the first, that's so true...but I feel like with baby #2, it has gone even faster.

This little guy is getting his own personality for sure.  He doesn't laugh easily but smiles more often than not.  He's pretty calm unless there is food around (then - watch out!).  And he is constantly on the go and getting into things he shouldn't.  I did get him to laugh a bit a couple of weeks ago with a fake cough (odd, right?) but I have yet to get a repeat occurrence.  He does get excited and thinks that things are funny - but it has to be pretty stinkin' hilarious to get him to actually laugh.

Oh hey Mom, whatcha' doin'?

And then that silly grin comes out!


How am I growing?
At his doctor's appointment he officially came in just one once shy of 18 lbs!  And a full 29 inches long.  Aelah was a pound heavier and a half inch shorter at this point.  It's funny how different they are.  But I love my tiny, skinny man.  <3

How am I sleeping?
Sooooo much better.  I think we've finally found our groove.  It's funny - he was still up and down regularly.  Ended up getting stitches, fussed pretty bad the first couple of nights after that.  Then, as if he always had, started sleeping straight through the night.  It has been...glorious!

Stitches?  Yep!  Big sister accidentally shut his finger in her closet door when they were playing.  Yikes!  It was quite traumatic for all of us but he seems to be healing well.

After returning home from the hospital.


What's new?
TEETH!!  Two on the bottom and two on the top.  Definitely a whole new world for eating.  Speaking of eating, we have officially hit that phase where nursing is just not enough.  I used to be able to get by with just nursing if we needed to.  Now, if he doesn't have a decent lunch he turns into a bear before dinner.  Babies are for sure where the definition of "hangry" came from.  We haven't found much he doesn't like...hot sauce and maybe pickles...

And he is most definitely saying "mommom" and "daddad" but, unlike his sister, he for sure said mom first!!  ;)

Make sure to scroll through the pictures to find out just who exactly this little man looks like...

💓

His handsome little hat!

Definitely a climber
Sissy was playing - so we thought he should join in the filter fun too!

Oops!  This picture of DADDY slid in here...but you can hardly tell a difference...

Always lookin' for Momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you thought of this post! I love getting feedback from my readers and I always do my best to reply! :)