Saturday, October 6, 2018

Obadiah Ryker: 8 Months

This boy.  He cracks me up!  He has the best sideways grin and, I swear, he already knows when he's doing things he shouldn't be.  Because that grin comes out at the most convenient times.  haha.  I think I'm still in denial that we are 3/4 of the way to one whole year!  How is that even possible?!?  I know the whole "don't blink" thing - but, wow, does it go soooooo much faster with the second child!

He loooooooves food!  We kind of break all of the rules.  He very rarely has anything mashed and the only baby food he has ever had is in a pouch.  We are ALL about "food before one is just for fun."  It's more about the experience.  So he gets pieces of what we are eating (and we are very cautious...I promise).  His favorites are cheerios, mashed potatoes, and meatballs.

And he still doesn't laugh easily.  This kid is killin' me!

Confession?  I still don't have a single picture of him developed.  😕  It's been on my to-do list for literally months at this point.  Best mom of the year award right here.  haha.




How am I growing?
Just about a week before he turned 8 months, we had a doctors appointment.  He still hasn't reached 18 lbs and that cracks me up!  I feel like he is such a little peanut.  17 lbs 10 oz, which is very close to what Aelah weighed at 6 months!! 

How am I sleeping?
Better.  Not perfect.  But much better.  I can't pin it to any one thing we did.  But after allowing him to cry it out for short amounts of time and gradually cutting out night feeds, we can usually go about 10 hours.  AND, thanks to a friend who has a baby about the same age, we started putting dilluted Lavender oil on his feet at night.  I tried it because I was desperate (and I do love oils) and now, if I forget, he usually wakes around 1 or 2.  I thought it was a fluke, but the trend seems to have proven itself.  And as I type this I realize I forgot to do that tonight....  Oye....

What's New?
He has two teeth!  They both came through at once (also a part of our sleeping problem I think).  And he's pulling up on things and trying to stand on his own (!!!).  I love seeing how fast he learns.  No wonder he has trouble sleeping with all that brain development going on!

First time IN a lake!!  He loved splashing but kept trying to eat the sand and seaweed - yuck!

He is a pretty good little shopper!

My happy little guy.  And he is happiest when he is playing with his sissy.

More "play time" as she tried to get him to sleep in our bed....

Story time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you thought of this post! I love getting feedback from my readers and I always do my best to reply! :)