Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Obadiah Ryker: 2 Months

I don't think I will ever get used to how fast babies grow.  It just flies!!  When one day he fits in a sleeper and the next day he doesn't...quite literally...  Unreal.  I want to soak up every minute.  But I know from experience that I will forget more than I remember.  No matter how hard I try.  So I take pictures and try to live in the moment.



Aelah is loving being a sister.  She gets upset when they have to be apart (which is not all that often) and does her best to try and calm him every time he cries.  Though, more often than not, I think she makes it worse - she just loves him a little too much.  But I love watching the two of them.  I hope they always love each other.

Anyways - here's the update!

How am I growing?
He's growing like crazy!!  And I fear a growth spurt is happening right now.  He went from eating every 3 hours to eating every 2.  He is officially 12 lbs, 4 oz and 24 inches long.  That puts him in the 65th percentile for weight and 98th for height!  Definitely going to be tall!  And even though he was smaller at birth (by a whole pound) - he already weighs more than his sister did at this point.  Growing good!

What's new?
Lots and lots of smiles!  And coos.  This little guy is really finding his voice!  And he has the BEST little sideways grin.  My heart melts.

How am I sleeping?
Not too bad.  We usually go from 3-4 hours between feedings.  But the other night he had a 6.5 hour stretch!  Which would be great.  Except I woke up at the usual time and didn't sleep because I thought for sure he would wake up any minute.  Ha!  We have been trying to lay him down awake so he isn't dependent on nursing and/or rocking.  I turn on his white noise (which automatically turns off after 15 minutes) and warm up a corn/rice bag that I lay beside him for a little extra warmth.  IF I need to, I turn on the 3 minute vibration on the bassinet...but I'm currently trying to break that habit as well.  After all, the crib won't vibrate!  We may start a bit of sleep training in the near future if we need to...letting him cry it out for short intervals at a time.  It worked great for Aelah!  Especially because she would fuss and cry just as much if she was being held or rocked...  Anxious to see how the next month goes.  Interrupted sleep is starting to wear on this momma!

Daddy went to bed early this night.  Him and I were up all alone.  It was a sweet time.

He is so very loved by his big sister.  <3

He LOVES going to work with Momma!  So many snuggles and people to love on him.  However, I think these days will be few and far between now...  Time to get into a normal routine for all of us.  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you thought of this post! I love getting feedback from my readers and I always do my best to reply! :)