Sunday, February 25, 2018

Obadiah Ryker: 1 Month

Nope.  Not happening.  My little man is not already 1 month.


But here we are.

It's been a fun month.  And a challenging one.

I have been peed on more times than I can count.  Which is amusing, because after years of being a teacher in the infant room in two different day cares, I was only ever peed on once.  I blame this on sleep deprivation.  Ha!

There are things I have done with Obi that I swore I would never do.  Sleep has been a bit difficult.  Little man is a bit gassy and he doesn't sleep well unless he is being held.  We end up doing half the night in the bassinet and half the night he ends up on my chest.  I've never been comfortable with co-sleeping, though I know many are.  I'm just too paranoid.  But, for now, it is helping us both to sleep - which is important.  Especially when there is a toddler depending on me the next day.  Little by little we will get into a routine I'm more comfortable with.

His big sister loves him to pieces.  Smothers him a bit.  But LOVES to help.  And she absolutely loves to show him off when he meets new people.

How am I growing?
Our little guy has gained almost 3 full pounds in 1 month!  He's now 9 lbs 10oz (38th percentile) and 22 inches long (90th percentile).  He is tall.  But that's expected.  And his little skinny legs are already chunking up!

What's New?
Lifting his head is a new favorite.  If he's awake, he wants to see what's going on.

How am I sleeping?
Already talked about this one.  He does sleep most of the day yet.  Awake first thing in the morning for awhile.  And again in the evening (7ish) consistently.  Through the day just depends on what takes place. 

She LOVES to "read" him stories.

His foot must have been stuck this way in utero.  Although it bends normally, when he is sleepy it often rests this way.  A little thing - but something I want to remember.  <3

While he loves showers, bath time is NOT a favorite!

One of my favorite little outfits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you thought of this post! I love getting feedback from my readers and I always do my best to reply! :)