Monday, April 20, 2015

Uniquely Daddy: Daddy & Co

Hey all, I hope you guys are as excited about this as I am!!

Daddy & Co is one of my husband's favorite place to shop right now!  Being first time parents means we are beyond excited to be 'Mommy' and 'Daddy.'  He loves his little girl like nothing else and he is proud to be her dad.

When I was asking him about Father's Day gift ideas he said, "Anything that says Daddy on it would be good...what about stuff from the company where you got my mug?"


I got him this insulated mug for his first Father's Day...when Aelah was still in my belly.  ;)
Aren't those little feet the cutest?  Perfect for the expectant Daddy!

And for this past Christmas I got him a matching t-shirt set from Daddy & Co as well:


The Oak Tree.....
PICTURE OF THE LITTLE T

Aelah doesn't quite fit into her t-shirt yet...but it should be very soon since she is growing so fast!  And I'm hoping we can get her a few more of the same t-shirt in bigger sizes so that she can match Daddy for a few years.  hehe.




So I knew that I needed to ask Daddy & Co about doing a review.  They graciously accepted and sent me two awesome products that would make fantastic Father's Day gifts, especially for the new dad.

First up is the vintage hoodie, available in 3 different colors.  Hubby's favorite color is blue, so that's what we went with:


I love this look!  <3
And he loves this...

I think he really loves it because it tells the world that he is Aelah's Daddy.  She really has him wrapped already!  ;)

The second item is pretty high up there on Hubby's new favorite list - The Daddy Messenger Diaper Bag.  Yep, that's right, a diaper bag designed for Dads!  But, let's be honest, I'm in love with this thing too!


The Messenger comes with a changing pad and a wipes case.  And definitely doesn't look girly at all...
And, yes, you can put cloth wipes in the wipe holder.  :)  To be fair, we use baby wash cloths for travel because they are smaller.  But thicker wipes would still fit...just a smaller number.

Hubby went from hating our diaper bag and only carrying it because he had to....


Rocking his "Daddy" hoodie!
To showing off his 'manly' diaper bag and telling anyone he could that it is made of "ballistic material."  Now, if that isn't cool, I don't know what is!  ;)


Looks sooooo much better, don't you think??
Here are some of our favorite features:


The ergonomic strap is our absolute favorite feature!  It really distributes the weight differently than any other bag I've carried.  And everyone notices!  Practically every time we're out, someone mentions how nice that is and how much easier it must be to carrier. We always respond, "It is!"


A detachable pocket for your cell on the shoulder strap.  It is padded as well.  Admittedly, this probably won't fit larger cell phones.  With the case on, my iPhone 4 just fit...but it wasn't easy to get in and out.  Hubby has an otter box on his iPhone 5c and it wouldn't fit.  :(
There are two of these nifty straps and buckles on each side of the bag....

....Which means it attaches to ANY stroller!!  Our stroller handle is extra wide and not only did our old diaper bag not fit under the stroller, the straps didn't fit over the handle which meant we were left toting the diaper bag around everywhere we went.  What a pain!  This straps onto the handles of the stroller so easily.  It is marvelous!
Each side has an insulated pocket for baby bottles or water bottles for Dad.  We tend to stuff small toys in here.
Small zipper pocket on the inside - great for holding keys, gum, and finger nail clippers!
PICTURE OF CLOTH WIPES IN HOLDER

The best thing, besides that amazing should strap, is that this diaper bag fits a ton of stuff!  It is definitely ideal for cloth diapers!  This is what our original diaper bag looked like for everything we need for a day out:


Stuffed full and difficult, if not impossible, to zip shut.
And this is what our Daddy & Co bag looks like for a day out:
A little stuffed, but it shuts!!  And that really is a lot of stuff!!  I also love that it stays standing no matter how empty or full it is.

This is what I had in both bags:

3 stuffed pocket diapers
2 Covers
4 Double Inserts
Changing Pad
Cloth Wipes
Wet Bag
Wipe Spray
Diaper Cream (CJ's)
2 Burp Cloths
2 Extra Outfits
Nursing Cover
Boba Stretchy Wrap
3 Small Toys
1 Medium Toy
Extra Nursing Pads
2 or 3 Bibs

The Daddy Messenger Bag is the definite winner!!
Especially because Daddy doesn't hate carrying it.  In fact, he loves to show it off.  ;)

And guess what?!?  Daddy & Co has graciously offered to give one of my readers a Daddy & Co Messenger Diaper Bag of their very own!!  The giveaway will begin on May 4th as a part of the "For the Love of Dad" Giveaway Hop.  Don't miss it!!

Don't forget to follow Daddy and Company on your favorite social media:


26 comments:

  1. I have learned that they just don't make diaper bags just for moms. I love the camo bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hubby was pretty excited when I told him about diaper bags for dads! haha. Pretty neat concept!

      Delete
  2. I like that it has an ergonomic strap. My hubby sometimes gets lower back pain from bending over in the yard doing yard work and working on projects around the house, so that would be nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my husband would really like the bag and the hoodie. I like that a company exists for dads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I learned that you can put cloth wipes in the wipes holder!! So fantastic! I love that the site caters to dad's :) I feel like they get overlooked in the baby frenzy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love finding places that are unique like this. And Hubby genuinely loves this company. I was super excited the wipes fit in the holder....obviously not as many as disposable...but enough for a day!

      Delete
  5. I like all of this stuff! Our first baby will be born in just a couple weeks and I think my husband would enjoy all these products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it hard to pick!?! That's what I love them so much. I know I can't go wrong. :)

      Delete
  6. I learned that it's made from ballistic material! Which I'm hoping means it holds up for a long time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far ours still looks brand new! Plus, we've discovered it is stain resistant!

      Delete
  7. I like how the diaper bag has a diaper wipes case that comes with it. Very handy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hubby is a trooper lol. My hubby absolutely hates pics and won't let me put any of him on my blog! I love the Vintage hoodie and the Daddy Messenger Diaper Bag. Both are really nice. I really like that the diaper bag can be attached to any stroller! That would be pretty handy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a lifesaver. And he is a trooper. I can't say he was super happy about it. But I told him if he wanted all the "swag" he had to help out. haha.

      Delete
  9. They have some super awesome products. I have never shopped there but I will now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marnie G (Derrick Todd)May 15, 2015 at 9:10 PM

    I really like the color selections and straps on the diaper bags. I also like that these bags were really made with men in mind and have functions (pockets, straps, etc.) that men would really like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really did think of it all. But I have to say....I wish all diaper bags were made this way!

      Delete
  11. I like how the shoulder strap of the diaper bag fans out so it doesn't put a lot of pressure on one point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes the diaper bag seem so much lighter. My absolute favorite feature!

      Delete
  12. Marnie G (Derrick Todd)May 17, 2015 at 10:42 PM

    I really like the Daddy diaper bags. They are great and have many unique features that men would appreciate. I really like the should strap width too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really thought about guys when they designed this! But definitely some features that women would love too!

      Delete
  13. Marnie G (Derrick Todd)May 18, 2015 at 1:41 AM

    I really like that this is made for men. I like that the diaper bag is made from "ballistic" material. I think it makes it more "manly".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely makes it more manly. And Hubby loves to share that with everyone. ;)

      Delete

Please let me know what you thought of this post! I love getting feedback from my readers and I always do my best to reply! :)