Monday, August 13, 2012

Fun with Dancing, Chalk, Shapes, & Colors

I created my own game the other day....without the help of Pinterest...or the internet!  I feel so accomplished.  lol.  But it is kind of nice being original.

So the twins love chalk.  And we all love to dance!  So on my way to work last Monday, knowing that the rest of the week was probably going to be rainy, I started brainstorming in order to combine the two and create a way to learn...and then I created: 

Dancin' Shapes




I drew a bunch of circles, squares, and triangles in different colors.  Then we played music and danced/ran around the driveway.  When I paused the music I would shout "Pink Circle!" or "Orange Square!" or "Purple Triangle!" And we would have to race and stand on the appropriate one.  It was a blast!

Later, after I'd put the stereo away for the day, we still played without music...just running around until I shouted a shape and color.  

This has a lot of possibilities.  The 6 year old I watched even invented her own games from all of the shapes.

This kept us entertained for pretty much the entire day.  

Suggested ages: 3 - 6.  

Let me know if you come up with a different game and how your kids liked it!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a cute little game, I think my kids would love it we will play it today!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you thought of this post! I love getting feedback from my readers and I always do my best to reply! :)