Sunday, January 12, 2014

My View from Up Front

Today at church I realized how privileged and blessed I am to be able to stand up front while we worship.  I have been a part of a praise team off and on in different capacities for probably the last 10 years.  And somehow, it took me this long to realize how awesome of an experience that is.

And it isn't awesome because of the reasons you might think.  It isn't awesome because I'm up front for all to see (quite frankly, this is my least favorite part).  It isn't awesome because I get to hold a microphone.  It isn't awesome because everyone gets to hear me sing harmony.  It isn't awesome because I get to help pick out the songs.

Being up front, facing the congregation, is awesome (and I am not using that word lightly) because I get to see things that most everyone else never even notices - a secret window if you would...




As greeting time comes to an end, I see our congregation laughing and hugging, old friends as well as new strangers.


I see hands raised in the back, a woman lost in the presence of our Lord.

I see an older couple, close to 70 years of marriage, holding hands throughout the service.

I see friends leaving their seats in the middle of service and making their way back to sit with a girl they just met so that she doesn't have to sit alone.

I see tears of joy and sadness silently shed as testimonies are shared by others.

I see our entire congregation, young and old, come forward to anoint and pray for the needs of our community.

I see friends and family go to the altar and lay their needs at the feet of the Lord.

I see a beautiful young lady with down syndrome worship fully uninhibited - opening her heart up, lifting her hands, singing at the top of her lungs (even if she only gets one or two notes right), and sometimes dancing - completely and 100% in the presence of God.

I see lives being changed and hearts being touched.  I see Jesus.

And I don't know how I missed it all of this time. 

1 comment:

  1. Nicely said Bri--that's what has touched my heart in my years as worship leader also...it's a blessing for sure...Bev

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you thought of this post! I love getting feedback from my readers and I always do my best to reply! :)