Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Respect Challenge: Week 7

Quick Recap - I am on a 25 week journey to becoming a more respectful wife.  I want to be the best wife my husband could ever ask for!  I found my inspiration over at Loving Life at HomePlease feel free to join me on this journey...it might even change your marriage...  ;)

Don't Nag.

Jennifer notes, "Your husband is a grown man, so don't treat him like a two-year-old.  Leave room for God to work.  You are not the Holy Spirit, so do not try to do His job."

First of all, I just want to say *ouch.*  That one burnt a little.  I never viewed my nagging as stepping on the Holy Spirit's toes...  Secondly, I would like to note that we all (as wives) have a very negative view of "nagging."  I know I'm not speaking for myself when I say that I really don't want anyone (my husband included) to consider me a nag.  And don't you tend to look down on behaviors of other women that you would consider nag-esque?  Simply put, we definitely know it is a negative trait no woman actually wants to be associated with....why, then, do we all do it?  

Proverbs 31:12 -She does him good and not evil / All the days of her life

Proverbs 31:26 - She opens her mouth in wisdom, / And the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.
 
This one was a really tough one for me.  I want things done my way when I ask and on my time.  If that means I have to get on Hubby's case 10 times in one night, so be it.  But sometimes (or maybe all of the time) I need to let go and let God.  I did learn this week that Hubby does get things done when I ask.  I've been prefacing with, 'I don't want to keep bugging you so this is the only time I'm going to ask, can you please...."  And, no, I'm not being smart about it either, I have tried to be as sincere as I possibly can be.  I don't want to be a nag...ever...  I think if I can learn to have a little bit of patience with the strength I get from the Holy Spirit then the Holy Spirit is also going to be working on Hubby.  Now that I see nagging as a hindrance to the Spirit's work, it is much easier to stop before I ever start.  I pray that it is the same for you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you thought of this post! I love getting feedback from my readers and I always do my best to reply! :)