Sunday, June 9, 2013

Respect Challenge: Week 6

Quick Recap - I am on a 25 week journey to becoming a more respectful wife.  I want to be the best wife my husband could ever ask for!  I found my inspiration over at Loving Life at HomePlease feel free to join me on this journey...it might even change your marriage...  ;)

Pray for Him.

Jennifer notes, "Take your concerns to God.  Faithfully lift up your husband in prayer every day, and you will likely notice a transformation not only in him, but in yourself, as well."

Philippians 4:6-7 - Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.  And the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

1 Thessalonians 5:17 - Pray without ceasing.  


This one was easy!  With everything that has come with Hubby's promotion - the questions, the stress, the fights, the change - the only thing I know how to do is pray.  This week, I focused a lot more on specific prayers for him.  This allowed me, if even for a few moments, to put my own feelings aside and do my best to simply be what he needs me to be.  It was hard sometimes.  But I know for sure that God opened the door for me to see things through Hubby's eyes for a while - and it brought me to tears.  He is dealing with so much, going through so much...and all I was doing was complaining that he wasn't himself at the end of the day.  Which would have made complete sense if I had just stopped to think for only a moment.  Prayer brought me back to Love.  And Love showed me where I was falling short.  I have also seen a small change in him: a little more hope, a little more motivation...

I'm not going to stop this, I'm going to follow the directions of 1 Thessalonians and pray without ceasing.  It is the only way he and I will get to the other side of this unscathed.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you thought of this post! I love getting feedback from my readers and I always do my best to reply! :)