Monday, May 20, 2013

Respect Challenge: Week 4

Quick Recap - I am on a 25 week journey to becoming a more respectful wife.  I want to be the best wife my husband could ever ask for!  I found my inspiration over at Loving Life at Home.  Please feel free to join me on this journey...it might even change your marriage...  ;)


Don't Interrupt. 

Jennifer notes, "Have you ever been around a person who won’t let you finish a sentence? That gets old fast. Even if you think you already know what your husband is going to say, allowing him to say it without cutting him off mid-sentence shows both respect and common courtesy."

James 1:19 - This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger;.

FINAL REPORT:


*EEK* - I was VERY convicted this week.  I have a habit of starting to talk before other people have completed their thought.  This especially happens when I am excited or really passionate about something.

Honestly, I don't think I did an excellent job of fixing this in just a week.  But I did stop myself a couple of times and I have REALLY noticed how much I need to break this habit - not just with my Hubby but with everyone.  This is definitely something I will continue to work on.

I hope you all have better luck with this one than I did! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you thought of this post! I love getting feedback from my readers and I always do my best to reply! :)