Thursday, April 4, 2019

Obadiah Ryker: 12+ Months

 Well...I think I put off writing this for long enough.  Little man is already 14 months!!  But this is it.  This is the last update that goes on the blog.




How am I growing?
At the year mark he still hadn't quite hit 20 pounds!  He was still 19 1/4.  And 29 inches long, just a bit shorter than his sister at this point.  He definitely is my little peanut.  ๐Ÿ’™  Now, with clothes on, he weighs a full 22 pounds (but full disclosure, that was also after being somewhat constipated for almost a week...so I'm guessing he's lost a bit of that ๐Ÿ˜†).

How am I sleeping?
First, because it's relevant - my new favorite thing: he twirls or plays with his hair when he gets sleepy.  It's super precious.  And I know I'll probably some day forget... 

With the occasional odd ball night, I think we've finally found our sweet spot.  An earlier bed time and adding a bottle (in addition to nursing), seem to have done the trick.  We start the bedtime process at 7 and he's usually in bed by 7:30.  Sleeps until 7 most(ish) days but sometimes wakes as early as 6:30.  The daylight savings switch actually helped the sleep in until 7, which we welcomed with open arms!!

However, it seemed like the minute he started sleeping better, Aelah ended up going through a nightmare phase.  I've only very recently started sleeping through the night again since sometime when I was pregnant.  My mental health has definitely noticed a difference.  And I am 100% serious about that.  I needed my sleep.

What's new?
New things every day!  He has definitely discovered a love of climbing.  He'll rearrange furniture to climb up so he can reach things...which is not a fun phase for his parents...  And he LOVES to click his tongue.  He laughs on occasion.  He has to be very sleepy and you have to tickle him in just the right place or scare him in just the right way.... but it's fun!

And he officially started walking right before turning 13 months!



I love watching his little personality shine through.  He can play shy pretty well, hiding his little face.  Which he also does when he is in trouble.  He laughs when he is being defiant and gives you a crooked little sideways grin, which makes it next to impossible to discipline well.  He is definitely a mini-Justin! 

Now for pictures!!  (Star Wars first birthday pics included.)  ๐Ÿ˜‰

Always into things he shouldn't be....

And again...

It took 2 people to change that diaper!!

So.  Much.  Energy.

Before first hair cut.

After first hair cut.

Because puns are life



Aelah bug!

Enjoying some veggies and making goofy faces...

LOVING his birthday gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you thought of this post! I love getting feedback from my readers and I always do my best to reply! :)